Welwyn Hatfield Cycling Forum
People On Bikes
We are an independent group working with Welwyn Hatfield Council to improve and encourage cycling throughout the district.
Members of the WHCF
Potters Bar Family Cycle Ride, April 2011
- Promoting cycling in Welwyn Hatfield in all its forms
- Assist in developing a quality cycle network in Welwyn Hatfield
- Fostering a cyclist aware road safety culture in Welwyn Hatfield
- Contributing to the health of our community
- Raising awareness of the contribution cycling can make to improving the environment of Welwyn Hatfield, in particular reducing air pollution and traffic congestion
- Improving access to cycling equipment through recycling of equipment and supporting training in cycle maintenance
- Supporting skills training in cycling
- Coordinating activities with the Hertfordshire County Cycle Forum and other local cycling groups
Future meetings of the WHCF
Monthly meetings of the WHCF are held at 7:15 pm, (usually, but not always) on the 2nd Wednesday of every month.
Meetings are open, either just turn up or Contact us.
Important please see here for how to get in.
The next meetings are:
- 13th August 2014 (social pub ride)
- 10th September 2014
- 8th October 2014
- 12th November 2014
- 10th December 2014
Minutes from previous meetings of the WHCF
View minutes of previous meetings
(as a PDF file).
View latest and previous newsletters
(as a PDF file).
News and Events
On our next Second Saturday Social ride
on 9th August we go paddling in the River Lea.
Don't forget the weekend of 9th and 10th August is also the
On Wednesday 13th August instead of our normal monthly meeting we are meeting for a social get together at
, Sleapshyde, AL4 0SE.
for eats and drinks. Feel free to join us. We will be there from around 6.30pm.
Keep checking the Events
page for upcoming events.
Suggest a ride!
If you have an idea of where you would like to ride to, or if you would like to organise a ride (with our help),
let us know
Go ride your bike.
Want to go for a bike ride with the kids but don't know where to go?
Have a look at our suggestions